To remove a part, or the whole bladder is known as a cystectomy. Earlier, cystectomy was performed with open-surgery methods which proves to be quite painful accompanied by a slow recovery rate. However, with technological advances, surgeries can now be performed with robotic surgery treatment. Robotic surgery for bladder cancer in Delhi has countless benefits such as minimal blood flow, keyhole-sized incisions, reduced pain, shorter hospital stays, and so on. Surgeries done through minimally invasive robotic procedures provide a clear and magnified view of the surgical site which enables surgeons to perform in an absolutely precise way. Robotic surgeries in India are performed with maximum precision to provide several advantages to the patients. It has enabled doctors to perform complex procedures easier with improved recovery duration.
The cases of bladder cancer among adults are rising at an alarming rate. People need to make wise choices for their treatment options. Depending on how far cancer has progressed, it may be essential to remove parts of the reproductive systems such as the prostate, and seminal vesicles in men; cervix, fallopian tubes, uterus, ovaries, and part of the vagina wall in uterus.
Let’s have a look at the key benefits of Robotic Cystectomy:
1. Improved precision with an enhanced view of the tissue results in a systematically safe dissection and suturing.
2. The incisions made while performing robotic cystectomy are less in number and smaller in size resulting in less blood loss.
3. Extensive lymph node dissection as the bladder and lymph nodes are completely removed as part of the treatment for both therapeutic and diagnostic purposes.
4. Decreased pain and minimal scarring with small keyhole-sized incisions result in faster recovery of the patients and comparatively shorter hospital stays.
5. Patients who opt for robotic cystectomy face four times less pain than those who undergo open surgery. The pain score in robotic cystectomy is very less compared to the traditional ones.
When cancer has penetrated a portion of the bladder, a robotic partial cystectomy may be performed. In a radical cystectomy, the entire bladder is removed. Advanced technologies involved in robotic cystectomy are now quickly becoming the most preferable for bladder cancer surgery. Robotic cystectomy is associated with lesser operative time and fewer complications. Da Vinci surgical technology is used in Robotic Cystectomy where the surgeon makes use of a robotic arm to amplify their precision and perform the surgery more effectively than the traditional method.
RG Stone Hospital is a grade-A hospital that is known to provide an ultimate medical experience with world-class facilities. We have a vast team of qualified robotic surgeons in India. Our specialty lies in giving a first-class, safe, and secure treatment experience.