How Did You Know About Your Ectopic Pregnancy?
Initially, we should put light on what is ‘Ectopic Pregnancy? Ectopic Pregnancy occurs at the time a fertilized egg implants and grows outside the uterus lining. One of the most common causes of an ectopic pregnancy usually occurs inside the fallopian tube. Other than that, there are times when an ectopic pregnancy may occur in other areas of the body, such as in the ovaries, in the abdominal cavity or the cervix. For ectopic pregnancies, one can not proceed normally. The fertilized egg cannot survive outside the uterus, and the growing matter may cause excessive bleeding if not paid attention to or treated on time.
Manier times, an ectopic pregnancy occurs within the first couple weeks of one’s Pregnancy. One might not even know that one’s pregnant and also may not even notice any problems.
How To Detect Ectopic Pregnancy Early?
The signs of ectopic Pregnancy vary from person to person. The signs of ectopic Pregnancy usually get prominent and noticeable between four to ten weeks of Pregnancy. But, some early signs of the same that people may come across are vaginal bleeding and abdominal pain or pelvic pain, usually six to eight weeks after a missed period.
Symptoms Of Ectopic Pregnancy
The initial symptoms of Ectopic Pregnancy are the same as any other normal pregnancy. Also, if one takes a pregnancy test, it will display as positive. Gradually when the fertilized egg grows in the improper place and not the uterus, signs and symptoms are concerning as they are perceptible. The first warning sign of ectopic Pregnancy is light vaginal bleeding and pain in the pelvic area. Along with stomach issues and puking, sharp pain in the abdomen is also a common sign of ectopic Pregnancy.
If blood tends to leak out of the fallopian tube, one will feel pain in the arm, near the shoulder joint, or an urge for defecation. Symptoms may differ from person to person where the blood is accumulated and which nerves are irritated by it.
Severe symptoms of ectopic Pregnancy typically develop close to the sixth week of one’s Pregnancy, but it varies. This is almost around two weeks after a missed period if you have a regular period cycle. However, these symptoms may develop at any time between four and ten weeks of one’s Pregnancy.
Causes Of Ectopic Pregnancy
- Any kind of inflammation or scarring inside the fallopian tube due to any preexisting condition or surgery or an infection can lead to ectopic Pregnancy as the fertilized egg may implant itself outside the uterus, further leading to ectopic Pregnancy.
- Unfortunate birth defects may lead to an ectopic pregnancy. If the defect is near the
belly button or the groin.
- In some rare cases, if the woman is above the age of 35 and tries to conceive, she might suffer from this condition.
- There are cases where because of a sexually transmitted infection, one may face an ectopic pregnancy.
- It is also said that women who smoke cigarettes have higher chances of having an ectopic pregnancy as smoking affects the gentile area.
- f one has a pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), there are high chances of having an ectopic pregnancy.
- If someone has used fertility drugs or has had fertility treatments like in vitro fertilization (IVF), there is a high probability of having an ectopic pregnancy.
- It could also happen if one becomes pregnant while they have an intrauterine device (IUD) meant for birth control.
- A previous history of ectopic Pregnancy may cause the same if conceived.
Treatment Of Ectopic Pregnancy
Once diagnosed post a transvaginal ultrasound and a blood test to determine the levels of hCG and progesterone, one can be aware of the degree of seriousness of the ectopic Pregnancy. Further, it can be treated in the following ways.
- Medication: The doctor may decide the case of an ectopic pregnancy would not have any immediate effects. In this case, the doctor can prescribe several medications that could keep the ectopic mass from bursting.
- Surgery: Ectopic pregnancies aren’t safe for the mother. Also, the embryo won’t be able to develop to term, given the condition. It’s necessary to remove the embryo as soon as possible. Treatments vary depending on where the ectopic Pregnancy is located. Many surgeons suggest removing the embryo and repairing any internal damage. This procedure is called a laparotomy.
- Home Care: The doctor will be giving specific instructions regarding the care of one’s incisions after their surgery. The main goal is to keep the incisions clean and dry while they heal.
Leave a comment