DOCUMENT- JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES
DEPARTMENT : NURSING
POSITION : STAFF NURSE/NURSE ASSISTANT
REPORTING TO : FLOOR INCHARGE
REPORTING TO : NURSING SUPERINTENDENT
QUALIFICATION : DIPLOMA IN GENERAL NURSING & MIDWIFERY / B.SC. NURSING/ANM
DRESS CODE : SPECIFIED DRESS CODE WITH I.D. CARD
DUTY HOURS : AS PER SCHEDULED REQUIREMENTS
- To ensure delivery of patient care through implementation of prescribed medication and monitoring effects.
- To provide nursing care to patients based on established clinical practice standards.
- To collaborate with other disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery.
- To actively participate in programs for quality improvement in naursing practices.
- To maintain positive interpersonal relations with subordinates & seniors.
- To promote a safe environment for patients, visitors and coworkers including the implementations of infection control policies of the hospital.
- To perform the initial and reassessment of the patient within the defined time frame.
- To check daily inventory of Medicines & Other Equipments.
- To provide Pre & Post operative care to the inpatient as per protocols.
- To provide health education to the patients as required.
- To instruct IV Class staff for cleaning, changing of bed sheets, sponging the patient, other routine necessities of patients and biomedical waste management. Report Checking of all patients.(Supervisory).
- To give priority to emergency cases and to co-ordinate with the consultants / respective department for the same.
- To maintain appropriate departmental documentation.
- To treat all communication about patients, staff, and other organizational business confidentially.
- To be involved in quality Assurance / Quality control activities.
- To perform all the jobs as may be assigned due to exigencies of work.
- Participation in Continuous Quality Improvement.