DOCUMENT- JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES
DEPARTMENT : PHARMACY
POSITION : PHARMACIST
REPORTING TO : INCHARGE - PHARMACY
QUALIFICATION : BACHELOR IN PHARMACY / DIPLOMA IN PHARMACY
EXPERIENCE : 1-4 YEARS OR MORE
DRESS CODE : SPECIFIED DRESS CODE WITH I.D. CARD
DUTY HOURS : AS PER SCHEDULED REQUIREMENTS
NOTE- Goa Pharmacy Council Registration is mandatory
Key areas of responsibility:
Ensure comprehensive patient care and maintenance of quality standards in Pharmacy
- To maintain inventory level of the department.
- To store pharmaceuticals at optimum condition as to minimizes expiry.
- To control drug purchases cost by negotiations and contracts.
- To deliver quality services of pharmacy department to clients and employees.
- To give dispensing of medications with clear instructions and correct labeling to patients.
- To provide clear, understandable instructions to discharge patients in a language known to patient with information leaflets if possible.
- To act as a liaison with nursing and medical staff concerning prescriptions orders, drugs and pharmaceutical details, resident reactions, errors and complaints.
- To maintain departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environment and injection control standards.
- To have secure storage of narcotics and other controlled substances on a regular basis.
- To do stock taking and drug audit.
- To enter medication orders into dispensing program and software.
- To check nurse unit stock lists and maintain minimum stock.
- To provide doctors with formulary.
- To administrator of patients concerns, and recommends changes in policies and procedures.
- To maintain appropriate departmental documentation.
- To treat all communication about patients, staff, and other organizational business confidentially.
- To be involved in quality Assurance / Quality control activities.
- To perform all the jobs as may be assigned due to exigencies of work.
- Sound knowledge on LIFO, FIFO methods.
- Must be aware about ROQ, ROL level.
- Experience on surgical or injective instruments.
- Knowledge on OT billing & NABH guidelines.