Male Infertility Treatment & Symptoms -RG Hospital India
Male infertility refers to the inability of a male to make a fertile female pregnant. It is usually due to semen deficiencies.
Male infertility Causes
- The factors may be pre-testicular, testicular or post-testicular.
- Pre-testicular: Drugs, smoking, alcohol, medications affecting spermatogenesis (spironolactone, chemotherapy).
- Testicular: Age, genetic defects, carcinoma, varicocele, trauma, hydrocele, mumps, idiopathic.
- Post-testicular: These defects include the defects in the genital tract and ejaculation problems.
Diagnosis of Male infertility
Diagnostic tools include medical history, physical examination, semen analysis, blood analysis to rule out hormonal imbalances or genetic issues. Patient's partner can also be interviewed.
Male infertility Treatment
The treatment modalities depend upon the underlying disease and extent of impairment. Pre-testicular issues can be rectified by medicines. Testicular based infertility is usually medication resistant. Post-testicular infertility can be overcome by surgery.
In infertility condition, the female fertility should also be checked.
- Removal of Uterus
- Uterine Fibroids
- Ovarian Cysts
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Laparoscopy Infertility
- Laparoscopic Sterilization
- Hysteroscopic Myomectomy/Polypectomy
- Hysteroscopic Endometrial Biopsy
- Hysteroscopic Tubal Cannulation
- Hysteroscopic Septal Resection
- Transcervical Resection of the Endometrium
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS)
- Uterine Prolapse