Hysteroscopic Endometrial Biopsy : Treatment, Hospitals, Symptoms & Signs
When women beyond 35years of age, complain of heavy bleeding and irregular cycles, they are advised to undergo this procedure, to find out the cause of bleeding and to rule out any precancerous or cancerous condition.
This is an alternative to the routine Dilatation and Curettage (D&C) procedure. D&C is a blind procedure. Hysteroscopy is better, because the biopsy is taken by direct visualization of the uterine cavity and the endometrial lining. So, the pathological areas can be identified (which are missed in D&C) and a biopsy taken from there. Also, any obvious pathology like a submucous fibroid or a polyp can be diagnosed and treated in the same sitting.
- Removal of Uterus
- Uterine Fibroids
- Ovarian Cysts
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Laparoscopy Infertility
- Laparoscopic Sterilization
- Hysteroscopic Myomectomy/Polypectomy
- Hysteroscopic Endometrial Biopsy
- Hysteroscopic Tubal Cannulation
- Hysteroscopic Septal Resection
- Transcervical Resection of the Endometrium
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS)
- Uterine Prolapse