Apply For Resident Medical Officer-Ludhiana, Punjab
Apply for Resident Medical Officer-Ludhiana, Punjab
Location : Model Town, Ludhiana,
Designation : Resident Medical Officer
Department : In-Patient
Qualification : MBBS
Experience : 9
Total Vacancy : 9
DOCUMENT- JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES
DEPARTMENT : IN-PATIENT
POSITION : RESIDENT MEDICAL OFFICER
REPORTING TO : BRANCH MANAGER / MEDICAL DIRECTOR / AMS
QUALIFICATION : M.B.B.S.
EXPERIENCE : 0-7 YEARS
DRESS CODE : SPECIFIED DRESS CODE WITH I.D. CARD
DUTY HOURS : AS PER SCHEDULED REQUIREMENTS
Key areas of responsibility:
- Morning Duty:
- Take over from night residents
- Conditions of the patients.
- Acute events in the night.
- New Admissions.
- Work up all new points
- Prepare files and patients for surgery.
- Take History, examine the patient, coordinate investigation as instructed by the consultant - Doctor, explain about informed consent to patient.
- Inform Consultants regarding any unusual test reports, patient is ready.
- Complete and send files to the Operation Theatre.
- Receive patients on the floor from the Operation Theatre Write a note regarding condition on shifting to the floor.
- Discharge Summary of patients to be filled up for discharge – at night.
- Round with the Consultant’s and the Nurses.
- Resident on Ground Floor to also look after emergencies, if EMO is not available or on leave.
- Handing over to the evening R.M.O.s.
- Evening Duty:
- Take over from morning R.M.O.s all admissions, all surgeries, all acute events
- Visit all new patients and all patients back from Operation Theatre.
- Evening round with the Consultants.
- Complete whatever is left over of paperwork.
- Residents to look after emergencies.
- Handing over to the Night R.M.O.’s.
- Night Duty:
- Details taken over from the evening duty R.M.O.’s.
- Visit all patients and record any fresh events.
- Manage emergencies.
- Discharges which have been pre-planned.
- Inform Consultants regarding the condition at 8:30pm – 9:00 p.m. and 8:30am – 9:00 a.m.
- Night report to be recorded in case files.
- Work up case files if any new admissions/ inform concerned consultant.
- Handing over to the morning R.M.O.’s.
- Revised details to be written on all files.
- To give priority to emergency cases and to co-ordinate with the consultants / respective department for the same.
- To treat all communication about patients, staff, and other organizational business confidentially.
- To be involved in quality Assurance / Quality control activities/ attend regularly NABH training schedule.
- To perform all the jobs as may be assigned due to exigencies of work/ shortage of RMO (in emergency if any RMO has to take leave
- Participation in Continuous Quality Improvement.
- To stictly follow duty roster, not to exchange duties frequently.
- To take prior permission for leave from HOD.