Ovarian Cysts Treatment Hospitals & Symptoms -RG Hospital India
Ovarian cysts are fluid filled sacs inside the ovary. When the follicles (sacs) in the ovaries do not rupture, they form small cysts called 'simple cysts'. These form whenever ovary produces too much of oestrogen hormone. 'Dermoid cysts' & 'chocolate cysts' are other types of cysts. 'Large' or 'pathological cysts' can occur in about 5% of women during their reproductive years. Ovarian cysts are common, frequently asymptomatic and often resolve spontaneously.
Ovarian Cyst Symptoms
- Often asymptomatic.
- Mild menstrual irregularities & vague pelvic pain.
- Low abdominal swelling.
- Pain in casetorsion, rupture or haemorrhage occurs.
- Amenorrhoea (no menses), obesity & hirsutism (hair growth on abnormal body parts) may be the presenting picture.
- Occasional dyspareunia (pain during sexual intercourse) may also be present.
Diagnosis of Ovarian Cyst
- Ultrasound pelvis
- Tumour markers - To detect ovarian tumors (CA 125)
Ovarian Cyst Treatment
- Laparoscopic Ovarian Cystectomy - Laparoscopic ovarian cyst excision is the procedure done to treat simple ovarian cysts. It is a safe procedure & does not need more than 1 day stay in the hospital, which is an advantage for young girls.
- Laparoscopy Ovarian Drilling - This is done in case of polycystic ovaries wherein the multiple cysts on the surface of the ovary are drilled.
- Oophorectomy - Removal of the ovary along with the pathological cyst. This is done when the cyst is big & involves the whole ovary.
- Removal of Uterus
- Uterine Fibroids
- Ovarian Cysts
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Laparoscopy Infertility
- Laparoscopic Sterilization
- Hysteroscopic Myomectomy/Polypectomy
- Hysteroscopic Endometrial Biopsy
- Hysteroscopic Tubal Cannulation
- Hysteroscopic Septal Resection
- Transcervical Resection of the Endometrium
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS)
- Uterine Prolapse