Interstitial Cystitis Symptoms
Continuous pain with pressure is there and it increases as the bladder fills. the pain radiates to the lower body parts such as lower abdomen, lower back, urethra or perineal area.
It starts with increased urination and the frequency also increases with the progression of interstitial cystitis, the frequency is same in day and night.
Urgency to urinate is the most common symptom and sometimes patient feels the need to urinate even when he/she has urinated
Sometimes people with urinary incontinence faces issues of urine leakage even during sexual intercourse.
Interstitial Cystitis Causes
Urinary incontinence is more common in females than males, it chances of acquiring it increases with age.
It can be due to the following:
- The immune system attacks the bladder like in the cases of autoimmune conditions
- If there is a defect in urinary bladder due to which the bladder is irritated.
- Substances in urine which damages the bladder.
- Changes in the blood and nerve supply which carries pain sensation becomes sensitive.
- Removal of Uterus
- Uterine Fibroids
- Ovarian Cysts
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Laparoscopy Infertility
- Laparoscopic Sterilization
- Hysteroscopic Myomectomy/Polypectomy
- Hysteroscopic Endometrial Biopsy
- Hysteroscopic Tubal Cannulation
- Hysteroscopic Septal Resection
- Transcervical Resection of the Endometrium
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS)
- Uterine Prolapse